Thursday, September 29, 2011

WVSU AB Political Science Manila Educational Tour (Part 1 of 4)

(This is part 1 of a 4-part series...)

Earlier this week, we sophomore and senior AB Political science students of West Visayas State University went on a study tour/educational trip in Metro Manila. Unlike our previous tour in Cebu last February where I was hesitant to admit my excitement, this tour got me stoked even a week before it actually happened.

I've always believed that tours/trips with other people will always change your perspective and outlook in certain aspects of life. It's amazing how breath-taking sights (they need not always be beautiful; scenes of sorrow and misery can sometimes take your breath away) move hearts enough to change one's view of life.

Dramatic as it may sound, every time I go visit other places, be it vacation trips with family or educational tours with class/schoolmates, I'm always awe-struck enough to have me contemplate on certain things that go around me.
I'm sure that got you curios as to what is it in my life that I contemplated upon or what changes have been made to my view towards life during the tour.
I was never vocal about my feelings towards others. Maybe it's because of my pride. Well I guess it's time to swallow that pride and say that I really enjoyed the entire trip and it's because of the company of classmates, schoolmates and friends (okay I feel so icky just by being this corny out in public). That previous statement is 101% sincere. I really did enjoy the trip despite all the tragedy that befell us (read: STORM SIGNAL NUMBER 2).

No trip goes exactly as we intend them to go. Our educational trip to Manila was no exception. In fact, something bad happened every single day (but that did not dampen our spirits). Sue me for being extra optimistic (because I'm Mr. Brightside), but we managed to make the most out of all our misfortunes.

Like on Monday at midnight out at sea. Me and Vince became extremely sea sick. We had to spend about two (2) hours hanging by the bathroom vomiting/waiting to vomit. Those two stomach churning hours became sort of a bonding moment for us.

Then our field trip was met my typhoon Pedring causing us to be stranded at Robinson's Manila for six hours. Wading in floodwater, roaming around the crowded but gloomy mall, eating an all-you-can-eat lunch, everyone had fun.

Disputes are inevitable. We are only human and our primary concern is to promote and protect our personal interests before others. It is our nature. This leads to conflict and disputes (thank you International Relations). And yes, conflict and disputes were present during the tour. This was caused by each individuals' attitudes. One's jolly nature may be seen by others as irritating. Conversely, one's "gloomy" nature can be seen by others as a kill joy attitude. Nevertheless, these conflicts and disputes come and go and despite their presence, the excitement and utter joy that the tour had to offer.

To end this post, I would like to leave a message to all my tour-mates (brace yourself for another episode of drama):
To my classmates, to my friends, to the sophomores. It was nice spending four (4) days of my life with you all. I hope you all had fun. I did. Thank you for all the memories that inspired this blog post -- both the good ones and the bad ones. I am really looking forward to another opportunity for all of us to spend time together. Maybe another field trip. Maybe another acquaintance party. It doesn't really matter what. And hopefully next time, the juniors and the freshmen (especially the freshmen) could come with, too.
And before I forget, let's hear it for Sir Shim and Ma'am Verns for being able to care of 50-plus misbehaving young people.



Rage and Love,

Kennan




(Photos
courtesy of Carl Dulla)

No comments:

Post a Comment