Monday, June 27, 2011

Saying "Attendance Is A Must" Is The Douchiest Way To Try Making A Lousy Activity Work

I just found out that our university acquaintance party is on July 1st a.k.a. this Friday (it's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday!!!). I'm notorious for not actively participating in college activities (I'm a high school student by heart) or not participating at all! I'm really not down with the whole university-wide acquaintance party thing because how could you possibly get acquainted with every one in a university whose population numbers up to 3,000 (students, faculty, staff, etc.)? I guess it's okay for colleges and college organizations to hold acquaintance parties of their own since the number of participants isn't that enormous, so getting acquainted with people you don't know prior to the party is quite possible... And yes, we can't deny that there is always a sense of camaraderie within people of the same college and/or course.
My first paragraph may be wordy, but it doesn't speak of the issue that I want to air out.
I have this utter dislike for this one thing in college activities and that is the phrase "Attendance is a must". Seriously, that is one of the douchiest way of trying to make a lousy activity work. Let's see it this way. A party is held so that people (in this case, students) can unwind and have fun. Now, if a certain student (in this case, moi) who doesn't want to go out and partey is made to attend against his/my will, do you seriously think he/I will have fun? Again, the purpose of parties is for having fun and if you make another person attend for the sake of attending then you're totally ruining the purpose of the darn thing, making you a complete and utter douchebag.

No comments:

Post a Comment